Sydney 11 April 2013. The Northern Territory will be paraded in style at Australian Fashion Week in Sydney today. Film, lights, action and fashion are combined in Tourism NT’s latest creative marketing initiative to attract the 18-35 age group.
It involves a partnership with Australian youth fashion label Bless’ed are the Meek, led by designer Maria Maung, whose 2013 collection of clothing has been inspired by Northern Territory landscapes.
Tourism and Major Events Minister Matt Conlan said young fashionistas attending this innovative show will feel transported to the Territory.
“Not only because of her clothing line, but also because of footage of the Territory shot last month that has been made into a 3D video with scenic slide projections that depict the vast beauty of our landscapes that will be mapped onto the walls of the arena,” Mr Conlan said.
“This type of activity has never been done before at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia, which is the nation’s premiere fashion event.
“Bless’ed are the Meek is an exciting fashion label and the Territory is an exciting place to visit.
“This partnership will provide us with exposure to a new audience of 18-35 year olds, who would not necessarily consider the Northern Territory as a holiday destination.”
The Northern Territory is woven into all facets of the 2013 collection. It includes a URL Querty code on each garment swing tag that, when scanned by a phone will take buyers to our YouTube channel filled with Northern Territory content and holiday packages.
It is expected over 28,000 garments of clothing will be sold in stores throughout Australia and around the world. Over 36,000 social media followers have already seen Northern Territory content via imagery posted on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram during the Red Centre shoot.
“Tourism NT will have exclusive tourism sponsorship of the fashion label, as well as exclusive access to imagery from the Northern Territory shoot and runway show for use across multiple platforms,” Mr Conlan said.
“It will carry out media outreach using the collection imagery and the designer will also be an advocate for the Territory.”
Bless’ed are the Meek has incorporated the latest in creative technologies into previous runway shows, and has positioned itself as a forward-thinker and boundary-pusher when it comes to innovation in fashion.
The Bless’ed are the Meek show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia will be streamed live on the internet at 10am AEST at: http://www.jasu.com/jasu/mbfwalive/
More Business Profiles
- Mineral development rental system reforms to drive exploration
- An interview with James Wester on the future of domain names
- Jason Sew Hoy tells us about 99designs
- KWG opens new Melbourne gallery with major show by Heather B Swann
- What is Peekadso and how does it work?
- Summer Harvest 2013 - Ripe and Ready to Pick at shop.jamjeans.com.au
- Gold Coast company taps into Asian market
- Qantas Eyes Progressive Growth; Plans To Launch New Club
- Brain Food for Business Owners
- Online small business sells tracking for family pets
- Cox Rayner Architects win competition to design the National Maritime Museum of China
- Northern Territory will be paraded in style at Australian Fashion Week in Sydney
- WA’s State-owned electricity generator Verve and retailer Synergy to merge
- Flight Experience Fear of Flying course
- Franco Lagudi’s fortnightly Fresh Food Report